Benefits of the Pelham Bit Rubber Covered Mouth:
• Soft and comfortable in the horse’s mouth
• Allows gentle yet effective sensitive aid
• Enables easier communication between horse and rider
• The Stübben jointed rubber Pelham has a thickness in the mouthpiece of only 16mm, which is thinner than most commercial rubber bits that are normally about 20mm or more. The thinner mouthpiece minimises the chance of rubbing and sits more comfortably in the horse’s mouth.
• Rubber covered bits are not suitable for horses that like to chew on the bit with their teeth as otherwise the rubber cover could easily be damaged.
Benefits of the Pelham bit:
• Can be used with one or two reins
• Pull and leverage effect can be applied as required
Special Benefits of the Cheeks:
• The special features of a Stübben STEELtec Pelham are its short shanks of only 2 inches. This reduces the leverage, but allows a quicker more direct action between reins and mouthpiece.
• The immediate response is especially helpful when show jumping, particularly if the course has many tight turns.
• The flat curb chain hooks prevent the horse’s lips from being pinched.
• Furthermore our curb chain with its flat hooks is easier to adjust to the horse’s chin groove.
Stübben Steeltec quality:
• No rough edges that could hurt the horse's mouth
• Long durability due to selected materials
• A special processing technology ensures that bit holes and link pieces remain intact for longer